Sunday 8 July 2012

Gotta pick a poppy or two

Well I have managed to make five poppy buttons - and I'll be using four for the swap  - just the red ones, although I do like the orange poppy in the middle - but it's a lot thicker button than the rest.  I tried to paint a Meconopsis blue poppy - but it just didn't look right so that hit the bin!

These look better in real life than in the photo - silly me took it in the garden room which has a glass roof so they lighter in the photos than they really are.
I was quite pleased with the glazing - and even more pleased that I left them alone and didn't mess them up!

It's a shame that I have to sew them onto a tag as it'll mess up a part of the poppy - darn it - I wish I had thought of that before.

Looks like I might have to start all over again!

Next is the hardest part for me - trying to make the tag that they have to be mounted on.

*** Edited***
Thanks for your comment Sam - but I have already put the holes in the buttons.
I did think about a shank but I doubt that I could do that as these are made from polymer clay and I am not sure about how I could have attached a metal one!