I spent the afternoon and evening making this - I had had it on my mind for a couple of days, and I just had to have a go. I should have waited until morning to take the photos as it was pitch black at 7pm and my studio shed is not very bright.
I cut out a large piece of mount board to back the main piece and covered it both sides with K&Co - Teal Taperstry. I like this paper as it looks rather vintagey I thought and it matched perfectly the colours in an image on a CD I have.
Whilst that was drying, I printed off the lovely lady, mounted it on thick cream card then decorated it with some of the lovely sequins that were amongst the seed beeds etc which Pat sent me. They picked up the colours of her dress and the backing paper exactly.
I coloured with alcohol inks a little lace flower which I recycled from a old project, and added some seed beads and another sequin in the centre - it looks lovely in real life!
I cut out about 50 sheets of cream paper - took rather a long time, then punched holes in them with my Bind It All machine.
Next I cut out another piece of mount board to make for the front cover of the note pad, covered it, and matted the lady image onto it.
I was so pleased with the way that I managed to cut out a piece of the patterned paper, so that it matched exactly the pattern behind it on the board. Believe me - it wasn't easy!
Using lace from Very Mary I sandwiched is all around the note pad between a lining page - so it gives a lovely feminine feel to the book - and makes it stand out more.
I ran some more lace along the bottom edge of the message board mount too.
I used rick rack for the hanger which matches the paper really well (having first punched holes and inserted silver rivets in the backing board)
I then, with the BIA punched the holes for the backing board and the notepad front page and assembled the book. Added more lace and satin ribbon to decorate the wires - to match the colours the lady is dressed in etc.
Then I finished it off by mounting the pencil.
I managed to make it just as I had envisage in my head - makes a change - it took longer than I thought but it was worth it.
The added bonus is that if I keep it for myself - I can always make more pages for the pad, as it is easy to remove the owires and put another wodge of pages in.