Sunday, 14 February 2010

French book mark - from scraps

(Click on photos to enlarge)
I had a little play in the studio yesterday - just using scraps of material
and made this book mark.
The intention was to get out my sewing machine and play, but I coudn't be bothered
So I made this using a strip of Vilene which is used to repair hems that have fallen down.
Goodness knows how long ago I bought it!
I ironed the plain strip of material onto the blue back strip with the vilene sandwiched in the middle.
Using distress inks I stamped French script onto the plain material
Added a slither of blue nylon I found
Rubbed on an image I had printed onto dry decal paper
from Crafty Computer Paper 
A scrap of lace - from my daughter in law Haruko
All the black French images where stamped with Stazon.
I offset the France stamp at the bottom as it fitted in nicely with the lace and I wanted to expose the French script.

The hat creation was made from bits cut off an old bag