Sunday, 30 December 2007
This is a stamped Kodomo image on orange card which has been softened with orange chalks.
The actual image was stamped in black then embossed. I painted all the flowers orange, and highlight some of the petals with orange copper metallic paint. The butterflies were painted with the metallic paint too. All the other colouring is with pastels.
I rather liked the urn on this stamp - which is supported by rabbits - which too have been highlighted, along with the urn, in the metallic copper which I think looks really pretty in daylight.
It has all been edged with black - and again for some reason the edges have not been scanned in by the machine! But in real life it looks like a perfectly centred picture in a black frame
I hope the recipient likes it.
The backing card is pale duck egg blue - although the scan doesn't show it. The image is stamped on in chocolate brown and parts of the image - namely the beetles are embossed so they look really shiny like beetles should!
The edges of the ATC have been inked and embossed too - although for some reason the scanner hasn't picked it all up.
These are two embossed ATCs I made for the above swap.
The geisha on the left is stamped onto patterned and gilded Japanese Origami paper,all the patterns on the paper are edged with gold and looks lovely and rish in daylight. What looks like a pale grey pattern with gold is in fact duck egg blue with gold.
The Geisha head and the seal are stamped in chocolate brown and embossed with chocolate smelling embossing powder. The edges are embossed with gold.
The vintage lady on the next ATC has been enhanced with water colours and embossed in the blue areas. The background paper is pale blue stamped with brown and the border all around in embossed distressed blue - again this looks better with the naked eye rather than the scan.
Friday, 28 December 2007
This is the last of my Sequel Postage Stamp Swap ATC's off to the USA
I glued on the postage stamp - then stamped the nest - the rest was painted in water coloured freehand.
I wonder what I will get back in return. I will post them up here when I get them
Saturday, 22 December 2007
I painted this printed image in oranges and reds, and greens for the front and added the orange ribbon for this door hanger and added golden hightlights here and there which really enrich it - but do not show up on the scan
She loves her tabby cat - is mad about him - so I had to put a cat on the reverse. Gorgeous metallic bronze paint doesn't show up - but it really compliments the orange - which is her favourite colour at the moment.
Stamped swirls - and the heavily embossed, stamped and gilded cardboard initial of her name.
I did the same thing for the initial on the one below too.
A door hanger for our youngest grandaughter. She is into glitter and cute and girlie things. The scanner does not pick up the gold painted star, the silver painted backing or the pale silver painted disc.
This was not planned as a 'work or art' but a fun little thing for a fun little girl
The reverse - to keep out brother and sister
Looks much better in reality - as it is 3D and glittery
Tuesday, 18 December 2007
I haven't made many cards at all - so this is another experiment for a friend.
Once again - the scan doesn't seem to like the gold and has also missed some of the border out!
I painted some paper with inks - red, brown, and grey. Stamped on swirls. Added a collage of a Victorian Santa Clause which I have enhanced with inks.
Stamped Merry Christmas and embossed with gold with a bit of gold above him.
I edged it with a gold 'peel off' border
'In the hand' the card looks marbled with softer shades of colours and the stamped swirls are clearer!
Oh dear - the scan isn't showing this too well!
I painted the background shades of green and cream and brown. Then using a Kodomo stamp I stamped the image and then embossed it with an embossing powder which is the colour of and has the aroma of chocolate!
I edged it with Kyrlon light gold pen, and flecked some of the stamped image with it too, to catch the light.
On a card, I mounted some gold 'Angel Hair' paper, edged the card all around with light gold pen and mounted the stamped image on top.
Painted some more card and stamped and embossed the lettering.
Then finished it off with an insert inside.
Three hours later - finished.
Tuesday, 11 December 2007
Wednesday, 5 December 2007
Monday, 3 December 2007
For both sides of this decoration I used stamped music scores on thick card. These I coloured with distressed inks to make them look Victorian which the girls are of course - enhanced with water colours, and embossed (differently) on both sides.
I varnished both sides to protect the finished work.
This looks so much better in real life. It is an altered thick plastic business card - really thick so was quite a challenge.
I got my son to drill a hole through it when I went to visit yesterday - then stuck on the trim and made the hanging loop today.
Saturday, 1 December 2007
I had fun doing Catherine of Arogan - I just wish I had all six of Henry VIII's wives. Still she was the first and didn't lose her head!
The backing I have made into a mirror image of the postage stamp, water coloured it, white washed it, then gave it two coats of varnish to make it look like one of those old oil paintings you see in stately homes in the UK.
Sadly the scanned image does not show the effect