On Zuzu's forum we were invited to join in a 12 Days of Christmas ornament swap to a set template size.
I was given 8 Maids a Milking
I made a set of we red and gold ornaments - but they ended up in the bin after I had worked on them on and off for a week. I had spent hours over several days looking for a suitable image to no avail. The template size I found rather challenging for my 8 milkmaids because of it's shape and size.
After a number of yet more failures I had finally finished.
The photos don't show up the glittering metallic paints - several painted layers on each side of the template. The embossing, the rub and buff gold, the glittering eight sequins on each one and the little gold detailing on the milk maids necklaces, skirt edging, sleeves edging and some have gold 'buttons' on their boots.
The reverse is painted and embossed too with a gold crackle finish.
They all look the same - but every one is hand painted and each one is different - there are no two the same.
I wish I had an easier day of Christmas to do - I had lots of ideas for a partridge in a pear tree, or two turtle doves - as I am into birds - LOL.
Still I have tried my very best and some of them will be winging their way to Australia on Monday.