Saturday, 26 May 2007

A Greek Style Artifact

This took me a very very long time to do - but I loved experimenting with it.

Oops I photographed this a bit wonky! It is the right size and shape really.

Firstly I aged some backing paper with chalks and kept coloring it until I got the shade I liked.

I stamped the face onto another sheet of paper, and using inks, coloured it in different shades of green.

Next I did the edging - using Tim Holtz distress embossing powders in different colours, and finally I did several layers of embossing on the face leaving some spaces to highlight. On the backing sheet and on the face I did a light gold rub to give the overall effect of a slab of an aged gold artifact. I finished it off with a gold eyelet and embroidery cotton in different soft shades.

I love textures and this one feels really nice to the touch - and looks better in daylight.

Latest Experiments - Stamping

I haven't had much time to do any craft work this week, but did manage a few hours today when it was raining.

I am still experimenting with stamping.

One of my first efforts went in the bin - here is another one - on pale green paper with lettering. I wasn't too happy with this one so tried again.

The same paper as before - the whole thing is much darker in reality - it is the flashlight that makes it look pale.