Friday, 19 November 2010

It's in the post - work in progress, and Mary Mary

The wall hanging is finished and in the post.

The next experiment

I spent some time over the last few nights just experimenting with layers.
Trust me this looks better in real life, the colours aren't so harsh, and it has a feel of the Tudor rich velvet costumes and wall hangings - muted, but rich
I thought you might like to see how the layers are built up.

It started off as a piece of cream material, which I painted with suede acrylic.
Cream was stencilled on next.
Then pearlescent white.
Metallic green.
Brayered white all over.
Stencilled gold.
I now have one more layer of acrylic white to brayer on then I'll build up the layers of material.

This is Mary - she somehow managed to get on the wrong blog.
She's a very very rare little Lemon Millefleur Sablepoot.

She decided to sit right outside the conservatory window on a wall - to dry off her dirty 'boots'.
I think that she is as pretty as a picture - so I'll let her stay here!

I spent a lovely couple of hours at a flower arranging workshop this afternoon. 
It was too dark to take a decent photo of the finished work - so I'll post that on here tomorrow.