Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Altered Art CD

I made another altered art CD - this one only took me an hour and a half or so to do.

Plain card for the background onto which I stamped 2 paisley patterns in pink and brown to match the colours of the vintage lady - yes - yet another I enhanced with paints and ink.

The stamp in one I have had for ages but never used before. In fact I have had it for years when I first thought I would take up card making - but never really got around to doing it seriously,

Once I had mountd the Vintage image, I painted around the outer edges of the backing paper to tone it down a bit. Then I cut out a Crafty Individual's miniature butterfly and attached that so it looks like is has just alighted with its wings not quite touching the disk.

I edged the disk with light gold Krylon pen and added a ribbon and bead as before. This time one that is shades of brown and pink.

Altered Art CD

This I made using a transparent CD spacer disk.

Alchohol inked one side with plum, ivy and silver. Then on a white card I stamped a sheet of writing, and glued that on top of the inked side - with the wording face down, trimming it when dry. So this gave me a plain white back.

Turned it over and collaged a Victorian lady in furs and a hand muff- which I had enhanced with inks,and water colours and glued that on to conceal the disk hole.

I then cut out some ivy leaves from some old silk leaves I had for ages for flower arranging, and glued them on.

To finish it off I added a purple ribbon and a silver bead to the reverse - which I attached with double sided tape and added a strip of paper to hide the ribbon.

It took me around 2 and a half hours to make - but I was pleased with the result.

In the daylight it looks lovely and shimmery and more subtle - and just the thing for this cold wintry weather.