It's just no good bemoaning the fact that winter has hit us here in East Anglia with a vengence.
So on went the wellies, up went the umbrella - and a mad dash to the studio.
To continue with my scrap book of all things French!
Sorry for the picture quality - it is really hard to get good photos on a dark day
So the above is the out cover (front) - now stitched and attached
Ditto the back of the book - vintage material onto which I have stitched tea dyed trim.
The photo I took of the front inside cover of a vintage poster in a frame wasn't successful so I will add it when I finally finish the book - next week.
This is a better photo of the inside back cover page of sacking. I just need to get some inspiration on how to finish it - I might just add 'FIN'
In real life, this book front looks and is the colour of vintage leather which I machine stitched onto the vintage upholstery material. I will have to take a close up of the little flowers which I sewed on above the material 'ties'. They are so cute. The are fine netting, hand made, with gorgeous little sewn on beaded centres. I found a length in a charity shop many years ago - it was bright white, and lemon, so I soaked it in coffee grounds and it has really aged them.
Thank you for looking.
I have a busy weekend ahead with family staying - so will have a go at finishing this project next week.