It's all very well doing one side of the purse - but what does the back look like. As I intend to use it every day, I spent some time yesterday late afternoon playing - when the heat had died down - it was so peaceful in my garden
I am struggling a bit without many scraps to play with so the back is just plain and simple.
Firstly I had to cover the now very thin material underneath and patch up where it was falling apart. Then I cut a piece of scrap cotton to cover the material of the purse - using Bondaweb to give it support. Next a layer of the thin grey net again bonded.
On top of that a scrap - and it was the only scrap I had - of red thin nylon which I have coloured with Promarkers which I hope makes it look like a stylistic rose - and tucked under some more petals which I cut out of the grey and mounted on Vylene (sp).
I didn't have enough to cover the whole side, so found a piece of fibre thread kindly given to me by my friend 'Lazy Kay' a year or so ago - and who is not the slightest bit lazy I hasten to add! There was just enough to cover the gap, so I drizzled on some fabric friendly glue then patted on the fibre.
Voila - job done. It sits lovely in the hand and feels soft and comfy - sounds silly - but you don't want anything sticking out and scratchy - it might put you off spending!