Friday, 9 September 2011

Heavens to Murgatroyd - I have managed to make something.

Well it's been a long time coming hasn't it!
I finally joined in a couple of swaps on a forum I belong to.
One of which was to make a specs or phone case, whichever your partner preferred.
My partner Pattie wanted a specs case - and so did I so that was good.
You can't see it well in the photos, but this material has a lovely printed pattern of gold overlaying, and highlighting the coloured pattern.  It is a reproduction of an Elizabethan/Tudor pattern.

The front  has a panel made from a vintage French sample which is lovely and shiny like silk with an woven pattern of flowers.

I made a number of attempts at different specs patterns - and failed miserably at them all.  But this was my second attempt at this one - my own 'pattern'.  It is lined with thick cream material with an embossed cream pattern on it - another sample piece of  upholstery material so it's nice and soft for the specs.

This case has taken me a large amount of hours to make (I am too embarrassed to own up to how many) and at the moment it's the best I can come up with.   

I'll have to start 'playing' with my sewing machine so that it's not alien to me!