Well very slowly is the answer as it takes so much time!
But I am getting there slowly
I have finally managed to sew all the signatures/pages in - which took me a few days to do, and today I glued on the outer cover.
As usual my photography skills leave a lot to be desired but you get the overall idea.
The material is a scrap/offcut I found and is really rich in colour with a lot of gold on it.
I made a padded name plate which looks much better in real life as you can see the printing very clearly on it - but not in the photo.
Because this is a story journal, it is taking me a long time to do, so I decided to assemble it and then do the remainder of the story a bit at a time.
It was a bit soul destroying seeing all the pages etc loose in a bag and it wasn't tempting me to do any more to it - it was too daunting.
The above left is a serviette which I have painted over, which has turned it from a paper napkin glued on - to looking like a delicate painting with room for some journalling.
Here are a few more pages.......
They look so much better now that they are sewn to make a book, and more tempting to fill now
I used a skein of embroidery cotton - which I bought in a charity shop - I just sewed it on with a zigzag stitch and I like the effect.
I have so many more pages apart from these - but it takes too long to upload them all.
These will look so different once they get the text and images on them.
All closed up
I just wish you could see all the gold work in the photo - it positively gleams in daylight.