The case my swap partner chose, was in fact my fifth attempt. I thought you might like to see my other attempt - well the only other one that got finished.
This was Mk 1 finished and with a pair of specs in it - so it looks a bit lopside.
This is the back which is wonky - I just couldn't get it to go straight - I think the material I used was far too thick.
I took it apart and tried again .
I did manage to get the back seam a bit straighter - but not central as it should be! I sorted out the chunky bottom hem, dyed and added silk ribbon around the top to hide the seam.
The top is a bit wonky now - but the silk ribbon and bow is a bit of a distraction.
The bottom is nice and flat now and no longer chunky as I unpicked that and then once ironed, I sewed it flat adding more dyed lace and ribbon to disguise the seam.
It's far from perfect but OK for me to put my reading glasses in.
The other (aborted) attempts I tried......
An envelope style one, where you just fold up a third to create the pocket, and the remaining is the flap. But - why does there always have to be a big BUT! If you sew the seams of the pocket, the flap is too wide, so you need an overlocker machine so that you can sew it all flat in one go - the stitches like blanket stitch or similar - guess who's machine is basic! The other attempt was still using the two flat oblong pieces of material, cut a corner off - then do a curved stitch all the way around as a pattern and the cut around the curved bits to create a fancy border. Not as easy as it sounds with a basic machine and at that point, if I were strong enough, the machine would have gone through the window!
My final attempt was the one in the previous post.
These do actually look a lot nicer in real life!
Think I'll skip the sewing swaps in future!