Sunday, 22 February 2009

I've got the bug

I haven't got my 'photographer's hat' on today so haven't made a good job of the photos - ran out of daylight.

In reality they all look deeper and richer the flashlight 'washes' them out somewhat

I made this tag out of thick mountboard and painted it with deep shades of yellow, lime and blue - to contrast with the reverse.

I stamped over it and then embossed it with black embossing powder - to give it a nice texture.

The butterflies were embossed too - with two layers of clear embossing powder - it makes them nice and bendy.

I had ribbon to match - but no beads that looked right to me - so I painted a scrap of paper in the same colours I used on the tag, and made my own - as before - and with three coats of UTEE to compliment the tag

The reverse of the tag I colour washed with shades of blue, yellow and lime - it is more 'colourful' than this photo shows.

Behind the acetate I used Cosmic Shimmers in pale gold on the dragonfly wings, and here and there.

Bottle caps

I can't seem to get a decent photo of these today!

These four bottle caps have been sprayed with black paint, a vintage photo inserted into the centre, the rims pressed, then filled with UTEE - which I think is the reason why I can't get a nice crisp photo because they are so shiny they keep reflecting the light.

It looks much better in real life. The mountboard cream tag has been stamped with a TH stamp in a rich brown and I have edged the border with copper rub and buff paint and shined it up. I also swished some over the patterned area to give it a lovely subtle copper sheen. I then did the same to picture 'frames'.

The copper eyelet matches perfectly and the brown organza ribbon has a copper sheen to it - and is long enough to put a not in to hang on the wall.