I was inspired by Jo's mixed media card and wanted to make one similar myself. But when I went into my studio late this afternoon - the only 'component' I had was a small image.
Whilst lacking in square cards etc, I didn't let it put me off - so I made a mixed media effort of my own.
I have absolutely zero confidence when making cards, and am determined to keep practising until I can make them without trepidation.
This started off as a cream A6 card, onto which I adhered some Basic Grey paper and swished a lime ink pad over it.
I got a new 'toy' late this afternoon so had to try it out. I layered different papers, which I had inked to colour co-ordinate them.
Cut out the little photo image and matted that.
I found two small skeleton leaves - from my flower arranging days, and layered those on too, and finally added the two little silk butterflies. I have just noticed that a bit of the top butterfly's wing is tucked under - so I have now 'flicked' it back out.
So although I didn't manage to get even close to Jo's mixed media card - I did try to make a card and used mixed media to achieve it.