Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Polymer clay day two

I've spent the morning finishing off my polymer clay bits that I started yesterday.  I am just too impulsive to wait for the polymer clay workshops to start - they are not listed on the site yet - so I am just playing around at the moment.

This is one of the oriental dragons.  I didn't sand it very much - just the sides, as I wanted it to look like something vintage - and dug up on an archaeological site.  I gave it a coat of black acrylic paint, then some gold rub and buff paste - then gave it a rub.  It looks much better in real life and I am pleased with my first efforts - but undoubtedly I am sure that I will cringe with embarrassment when I look back at this in a few months time.

The leaves I should not have photographed under a spotlight as they look incredibly shiny and plastic - but in real life, they are a duller colour and not shiny.  I think I will apply a dark green paint, then they will look more like rose leaves which are much darker.

I am going to attempt to make roses or rose buds - and I might make more leaves and try to attach wires to them, and to the roses - or not - depending how I get on.