Wednesday 25 March 2009

Altered Cardboard Book Box

Oh dear, these photos are terrible and it does look so much better in real life, but I took them in a rush as I had to get it packed and posted.

The challenge on Objet d'Art is to decorate a box - why not have a go.



This is a book box, made of card, which took me days and days to do because of all the layers and sides, and time to dry. This photo is more the true colour of box






It really was a challenge but one I enjoyed. I painted it all with Gesso first to seal inside and out. Then textured paste - for the texture. Then painted it with cream acrylic - but decided that was too pale, so gave it a couple of coats of black acrylic. I used gold rub and buff to highlight the texture. The image was mounted on card then glued to the box





It opens up to allow for use for hidden treasures or storage etc.

I did alter a spoon - well two actually - but they were not good enough do I binned them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo stunning....love this!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Very clever...Love the textures you've achieved Lottie

Anonymous said...

You've achieved a lovely textured effect on here. You should have put the spoons up for opinion - I know how fussy you are, they might have been ok!

xxxxxxx

sam21ski said...

WOW stunning - love the colour

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining in the challenge :)
Hugs x

Moira said...

It is gorgeous and best of all it is now mine! I am the lucky recipient of this beauty and the photos do not do it service. I did a happy dance when I received it yesterday, thank you once again Lottie.