Monday 23 March 2009

Blame Paula for this!

I was chatting to Paula, a forum friend this morning - telling her that I hadn't a clue what to make today.

She gave me some advice which works when she 'gets stuck'.

It was to put some things on your desk, and see where it takes you.

So I put some peculiar things on my desk - and it took me to 'twee' land!

Plastic slide mounts - courtesy of Freecycle last year.
Some cute images
Mountboard

(Click photos to enlarge)



I painted the plastic slide mounts a pale shade of pink acrylic paint, then when dry stamped them with Stazon ink.


I sandwiched the images between acetate and then snapped them into the slide mounts.


I added embroidered cream flowers, and put black gems in the centres; rummaged around and found some vintage cream lace and some pretty pink organza ribbon.

I cut out a strip of black mount board, layered a strip of the thick cream lace, then the ribbon, added more cream embroidered flowers and black gem centres.



Punched a couple of holes in the top, and added another length of the organza ribbon!

So although I don't usually do 'twee' - I did today - and I have since hung it up in my studio and looks quite nice against a cream background

So if ever you get stuck - toss some things on your desk - and see where it takes you!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Its beautiful Lottie,definately not what i'd call 'twee' x

June said...

Lottie this is gorgeous and not 'twee' at all, more elegant and beautiful. I adore the effect on the frames of these and love those slide mounts. Only wish i could get some like that from freecycle lol. I never seem to get very lucky with that site but do watch it in my mail so maybe one day :)
Gorgeous work my friend

Unknown said...

June, I have a few more so will send them in the post

June said...

Ohhhh that would be so lovely, you are an angel thank you.
I came to let you into the secret about the Vagabond man ... I found an old copy of millers antiques book and i cut out lots of the little pics in there, he is one of them. there are also dolls, old teddies, statues, clocks and more .
Hugs June xxxx

Morti said...

I'd agree with the others - not twee at all, it's actually vintage!!!

Anonymous said...

Definately not 'twee' - right gorgeous, I would say!!

Claireabelle said...

I think its fab Lottie, looks like Paula's been a good influence lol
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Lottie, a beautiful so pleased you took pot luck and let your desk choose, gorgeous!

xxx

sam21ski said...

WOW Lottie what a fabulous creation, although I think it looks more vintage than twee