Saturday 31 January 2009

BIA Note Book - Green - TGIF Challenge

I thought I would have another go at the TGIF challenge this week Green.

Hmm - it really was a challenge for me - I am not a lover of green - but here is my effort. Not sure which photo looks best so am adding both LOL

(Click images to enlarge)



Using a bit of recycled card which I covered in a scrap of leftover white paper, I sponged all over with green Ecoline ink. With a darker green I stamped a background stamp all over it. Which in hindsight was a complete waste of time as I decided in the end to add an image.



I found a sepia image I liked, resized it and painted it different shades of green. It is painstaking work, as all the leaves I painted individually with a tiny brush - the hardest were painting ivy looking leaves in the foreground.

I really enjoyed doing it though. Once it was all dry, I mounted it onto the inked card, then using another stamp from the Elusive stamp plate I bought - I stamped -
'Art is the pigment of your imagination'. When I saw that stamp - I just loved the wording - and hunted for something to go with it.

This image gave me the impression of the lady staring into the pool, imagining....................

I got both the notebooks made today - you can tell my husband is out bowling - I got a guilt-free play time, without any interruptions!

12 comments:

Hermine said...

Great booklet.

Femmy said...

just gorgeous!!!

Sandy said...

Wow Lottie this is brilliant. What a fantastic piece of art. Love them.

Thanks Lottie for playing TGiF again.

Sandy said...

Wow Lottie this is awesome. So brilliant piece of art. I love them.

Thanks Lottie for playing TGiF this week again.

Willy said...

Wonderful notebook!

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful Lottie! x

Rosie said...

For someone who doesn't like green, that's a beautiful little notebook! May I ask where you bought your ecoline inks? I love that you painted the leaves too - absorbing isn't it? I always think that when I start doodling and can't stop!!

Momiji said...

I love the tones in this..especially with the sepia..lovely nostalgic image...

Anonymous said...

very very pretty....beautiful note book...too good to use!

Anonymous said...

You are just SO good at colouring the images. When I try to do it, it just comes out a big mess.

Again, a beautiful image you've chosen and a lovely mood to the whole piece.

xxxxxxxxx

Debbie said...

I really like this - what a beautiful creation.

Anke said...

WOW GORGEOUS !!!!