I made this arch a few weeks ago - but felt it was lacking in something so did not use this one for a swap I was in.
I was going to 'bin' it as I usually do with things I am not happy with, but someone persuaded me to hang on to it.
So there it sat - on my display board on the wall - until today.
The backing paper was a piece of a Japanese shop's paper bag - which my daughter in law saved for me after a trip back to Japan.
It had a few bits of calligraphy stamped on it which I left.
After yesterday's playing with inks, I decided to see if I could 'save' this arch so had a go painting with inks again.
This photo was taken under a light - so not very good.
The above was taken by a window - its been raining all day so there was no way I could take a photo outside in natural light.
In 'real life' the colours are brighter and it looks quite dainty and pretty. The Japanese calligraphy I re-inked with the same colour as the flowers - but in a weaker shade.