Saturday 12 October 2013

Mail Art

I am just going to experiment with mail art.  

I have always fancied having a go, so yesterday tried it out on a big yellow padded envelope which I am sending to a friend.  
 It rather spoils the look with a label on it - but I am hoping that once she receives it she will slap on a piece of paper over the label, or paint over it in white.

Sadly the village post office has been closed for two days in a row.  We might lose it altogether and the owner retired and a buyer 'fell through' but they have had a temp in there ad hoc!



5 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh this looks fab Lottie

Sorry to hear about your local PO

Sam xx

Christine B. said...

Hi Lottie, this looks lovely.
Love your Craft Shed with it's new colour. Enjoy all your time in there. Love and hugs x ChrisB

gardenpinks said...

Can't wait to see this IRL, it looks so gorgeous and love that little butterfly
Lynn xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think whatever is inside this package is going to be anti-climatic after seeing the envie!

Luvcreatincards said...

Hi Lotti,
It was soooo lovely to chat with you earlier today. I have just had a quick peek at this MailArt example that you have posted - your colour combinations are so pretty and the lovely layers look brilliant. I've had a go at making a few envelopes for CMP swap and am finding it soooo addictive. I've tried two styles so far
first two were inking stamping and collaging on to brand new envelopes, and the second four were envelopes made from large sheets of rough paper that I use when I'm art journalling, so there are loads of colours, layers and small sections of stamping. These envelopes have been cut out and stuck together as envelopes and will just need some further embellishing to finish them off.
Look forward to reading more of your posts and chatting again next week.
Warmest best wishes,
Susanne
xxxxxxx