Monday, 5 March 2012

Making moulds for embellishments

After yesterdays mould taken from a big plaster cast - and as it has been hammering it down with sleet and heavy rain today - I decided to have a go at making more moulds and embellishments. 
 I need to scrub off the cornflour and tidy a couple of them up - but I was quite pleased with my efforts.


Apologises for the photos - I tried to use a daylight lamp and the bulb went!
A long time ago,  I was lucky enough to get some blog candy from Cath at Katy Krunch
They were little brass charms - which I have been sharing with other arty crafty friends.
I have used some here to make moulds from and see how they turn out.  
I love the Egyptian one especially.
I love shells, but find it hard to get them to stick, so I am using some from my collection to make moulds with, and then I'll make some polymer clay shells and see if they stick better.
The military button is one I found in my botton box and the rose button was a 'fancy' one for crafts. It's made a good impression, so hopefully, I'll get some nice flat roses.

The mushroom is from an embellishment I bought which broke before I had even used it! I had a couple of the same make break too, they are stuck on so hard to the card it's virtually impossible to get them off.   So I took a mould from the pieces of the mushrooms, in polymer clay, then pushed the bits back together where they were broken, and made some impressions in to biggest one to turn it into a fairy toadstall.   I  might have a go at making another one and turning it into a toadstall house.

I think I'll start to paint some now.

3 comments:

Melinda Cornish said...

these are pretty cool...I have never tried to make molds before but I have seen some really good ones....

Melinda Cornish said...

these are pretty cool...I have never tried to make molds before but I have seen some really good ones....

sam21ski said...

These have turned out fab Lottie, you're really getting into your clay now aren't you - love it.

Sam xxx