Monday 13 September 2010

I have been busy making edible art

For weeks now my art work has consisted of harvesting borlotti, cherokee, climbing, dwarf, haricot and lots of other varieties of beans.  Added to which I have been pulling up onions, garlic, golf ball carrots, orange beetroot, potatoes, courgettes, squash and adding peppers, and tomatoes and anything I else I can pick from my garden or allotment....
Cutting them up, adding a tad bit of oil, and roasting them in my big oven, weighing them, and vacuum packing, and popping them in my freezer.  Each pack holds at least 700gr 1lb 8oz.  Can you imagine how long it takes to create the packs I did just one day last week?

But in the middle of winter, when I'm feeling 'blue' and can't decide what to cook - I pop out to the freezer and grab a bag of instant sunshine - and boy oh boy what a joy - and all the aches and pains and hard work of digging, weeding, growing, harvesting, washing, etc are forgotten.

Fast food?

I think I must have about 30 bags of sunshine in my freezer - so far!

8 comments:

Pearl said...

Wow your industrious, I wish I had put a garden in this year. But there's always next year. Enjoy your harvest. Pearl

themessycraftroom said...

Wow Lottie I bet your worn out. Looks lovely. Hugs ChrisB xx

Moira said...

Gosh Lottie you are so right these are pure sunshine. What a joy they will be in the dark months. I might have to turn up at the door, posing as a poor waif and stray!

Maggi said...

Wow Lottie, these look delicious.

Sharne Gregory said...

WOW! you have been busy, and so colourful. I am afraid my vegetable growing only runs to runner beans, I like flowers too much.

Ati said...

Looks delicious. Clever to make a whole meal ready :))

sam21ski said...

Mores the pity you can't just pop a piece of your edible art in the post just like you do a made piece of art. Must say, they do look lovely and very inviting!!! Enjoy xxx

LazyKay said...

Oh, looks yummy - makes me hungry!

xxxxxxxxxxx