Thursday 25 March 2010

Experimenting - making cards

I have joined a Forum 'Birthday Club' and it's great as it forces me to make
cards each month for whoever is on the list.

It seems easier when you have someone in mind for the card rather than just trying to make one for the sake of it.   This lady speaks fluent French - she is also brilliant using inks to make backgrounds.  So I tried my best to do the same.  Of course the main part of the card is on pre-printed paper, but I did enhance it with chalks here and there to give a bit of 'depth' to places.
I also inked on top of the matted cards, and coloured a bit of the stamped image.

I know I have a long way to go until I can perfect my cardmaking skills so that it comes easier to me - but at last now I am starting to enjoy the challenge.

Two more to do soon.

10 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Hi Lottie, just hopped over from Cath's blog. Love the card and will follow you now. Luv, CB, x

Sally H said...

Wonderful card, Lottie! I love it!

Createology said...

Your cards are wonderful. Nothing like a challenge to get something done. LOL Happy creating...

Cath Wilson said...

Lottie, your cards are wonderful and 'this lady' (you obviously don't know me or you'd never call me a lady, lol) LOVES the card you sent!! Especially the images, he, he! Only joking. You're far more talented than you give yourself credit for...

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love these. And it is far easier when you have someone in mind isnt it.
Hoping all is well with you and life is treating you well.x

Angelnorth said...

These look great Lottie! I love the use of the white space on the first one and your inkiness came out great on the second! Good to hear you're enjoying the challenge of doing them for specific people too (and isn't it nice when you know it's people who will appreciate the fact it's hand made?!)

Anonymous said...

lovely card lottie,Im sure she'll love it.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous cards hun x

LazyKay said...

Gorgeous - I don't know why you seem to be unhappy with cards as they are always lovely.

xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lottie your art work is brilliant; and this card is gorgeous.