Wednesday 16 September 2009

Secret Squirrel! Project

I can now reveal the 'Secret Squirrel' project that I was working on for quite a while.

A member of a forum I used to belong to is getting married this month, so some of us got together to make pages for a book for her.

I was responsible for collating all the pages, making the book covers and making the book - and of course wrapping it up and sending it off.

I am not a very confident person, and I made several attempts at making the book covers - and lost a lot of sleep over it - especially when the most gorgeous book pages started to arrive - awesome. But I tried my best - and I guess that's all one can do.

I made the covers out of thick mount board. The front I collaged and used a rub on for the 'Love'.

The back page was collaged and I did some stamping on that. The borders are made out of Sari Ribbon.

The insides of the covers I painted lime to match the outside covers, stamped the pattern, and added poems on those and inside.

I think the recent postal strikes had delayed it somewhat - but at last it has arrived safely

The front cover



The back cover



The inside covers with romantic verses - and messages from all of us on the forum



The assembled book

Here are all the lovely internal pages - and the names those who made them. They are all gorgeous and so individual - and make a nice and original keepsake.

Moira


Paula



Mel - who kindly sent messages to everybody inviting them to join in.



Ginger


Natasha


Jaqui


Sue


Rein


Mine - 'Something old, something new' - etc


I love this poem - click to enlarge to read it.




Thank you to everyone who took part - your work is absolutely stunning - and I felt so privileged to see each page, and hold them and touch them - I only wish that my photos did them more justice!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for all the hard work you put in to collating this wonderful book....its a gorgeous little book and such wonderful pages by everyone x

Momiji said...

this is fantastic and love what you have done with the covers..so pleased to see that ribbon of mine used to such good effect!fabulous!

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, what a fantastic gift, one I'm sure will be treasured always. You can see how much love, creativity ad sheer joy has be put into it. Stunning. xx

Claireabelle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky lady
x

Creations from my heart said...

Lottie,
I love this project and You did a wonderful job on the purse you made. Thanks for sending me the post. The photo you used on the purse was perfect. I also like the image on your blog header. Where did you find the images? Thanks for all your sweet comments, and I look forward to talking to you a soon. blessings...Sherry

Melanie said...

Lottie it looks absolutely beautiful,thankyou for all your hard work, without you this project wouldn't have happened,i know Gillian will treasure it for years to come.

Debbie said...

Wow Lottie, that is so amazing - you all did a brilliant job - especially you. I feel bad I could not get mine done in time :(

Carol Q said...

that's gorgeous Lottie. what a lot of hard work and what a lovely result

Saucy Chick Sherry said...

What a wonderful keepsake gift this is and how generous of the artists to participate. You are a dear to pull it all together.

sue said...

What a great book it has come together great! sue

Sally H said...

Wow! What a wonderful creation. You are all very talented ladies. I love all that lace lottie, and the image goes perfectly. Stunning!

Anonymous said...

A big thank you to all who took part in this surprise gift, the work and sentiment within this book is incredible .... I can't thank everyone enough, Lottie you are a star xxx

Pearl said...

Beautiful work Ladies!

Fiona said...

Oh what a gorgeous idea - she'll be over the moon - what a gorgeous gift to treasure.

Christine B. said...

Wow ladies your book is beautiful. I bet she's over the moon. You made a lovely job of putting it togeter Lottie. Your page is just beautiful with all the lace.

Moira said...

It is a lovely book, a real treasure, thank you Lottie for pulling it together.

Rika said...

It's gorgeous Lottie!