Wednesday 16 September 2009

Getting a little Distressed

Its has been a while since I got all inky - so I thought I would have a go this afternoon, having spent the morning on my allotment - harvesting.

On the Time for Crafting site and forum, we are having a play with distress inks. There are some fabulous examples in this months' magazine - and also in the members gallery.



The cover of this book is coloured using distress inks, using Cut and Dry foam pads to apply it.

It is a shame that you can't see the lovely coppery tones achieved by adding some Cosmic copper shimmer to the inks - it really makes it look like burnished leather.

I haven't smudged or splodged the sentiments stamping by the away - they are Tim Holtz stamps from Happy Daze and look at way. I liked the 'old fashioned' typewriter type script of this stamp.

The vintage girl image is from Crafty Individuals - and the butterfly is one I have on a CD which I have printed and coloured to match the little bow in the girl's hair.

Of course I just had to add an image and stamp on the back cover.


I used thick mountboard to make the covers - so used cream card with brown dots for the inside of the covers, then using distressed inks, I tried to make them look old and fade - they do in real life!

I am going to put images on the inside covers too - just haven't decided on which ones yet.

9 comments:

Sally H said...

I love this, Lottie! Such a beautiful image, and I lvoe the colours that you have chosen x

Sara said...

What a beautiful notebook Lottie - and I just LOVE the butterfly on the back!!

sam21ski said...

Lovely book Lottie xxxx

Anonymous said...

thats one beautiful notebook Lottie....nice work - you must be well chuffed how this has turned out.

Paper Paradise said...

Well I can't think of a better way of getting distressed lol. It is an absolutely lovely book, it would be a great gift for someone special.
Sue x

Paper Paradise said...

Well I can't think of a better way of getting distressed lol. It is an absolutely lovely book, it would be a great gift for someone special.
Sue x

Carol Q said...

that's gorgeous Lottie!

Saucy Chick Sherry said...

Lottie this is a gorgeous book and now after distressing I would think that you are de-stressed. Beautiful colors and images and the words say it just right. Well done. :o)

Momiji said...

I just love that colour..and that type font looks really good with it..