Saturday 26 September 2009

Harvest Festival

For the first time is ages this morning was lovely and cloudy - perfect.

I slip, slapped, and slopped on the suncream, and covered up from top to toe to spend a wonderful time up the allotment until lunchtime and the sun came out.



Here is just a small sample of my harvest festival - my growing work of art!



Wonderful sunflowers now adorn my little home. I don't usually like picking flowers - but there are so many up the allotment that I decided to bring some home - they make me smile.

Pat dug up a carrier bag full of these gorgeous potatoes - just a tiny sample of them here

I picked double the amount of corgettes shown here - these have now been cooked with double the amount of tomatoes - roasted in the oven with other scrummy things!

I also roasted a big tray of tomatoes, in olive oil, herbs and black pepper - to freeze for the winter.

The butternut squash was a surprise - and I picked a carrier bag of mixed beans - probably the last for this year.

All these have been grown in drought conditions without any watering either. Just goes to show what well rotted manure will do!

My internet is 'flakey' to say the least, and I have got 38 skinny pages to make and mount, and 9 inches.

Tomorrow we are off to the seaside - if it is not too sunny.

Thanks for 'passing by' I will be back next week!

Have a good weekend

10 comments:

Sally H said...

What a wonderful crop! My mouth is watering at your descriptions! Have a wonderful time at the seaside!

themessycraftroom said...

What a wonderful harvest and some scrummy meals ahead. I love roasted buttenut squash. Have a good day at the seaside.

Claireabelle said...

Wow, what a fabulous hoard!!! I love the colours in your photograph and i know what you mean about sunflowers!!!

Our allotment is nearly ready to be put to bed. The pigs go for slaugter on Thursday so the chickens will have it to themselves lol

xx

Anonymous said...

WOW what an amazing haul...mmmm Have a lovely day tomorrow x

lisa said...

What a beautiful bounty Lottie. Your sunflowers are gorgeous and I can almost taste your delicious veg.
Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Lisax

LazyKay said...

ooooh, looks scrummy - good enough to eat even.

I like your artistic arrangement too!

xxxxx

Sue said...

Glad to see all is well, as I have missed seeing your posts on the garden blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lottie,

I hope your shoulder is better.
Love the 'Harvest ' art!
Sandie

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

love your little cream bag with the dancing lady on the front.
You've captured the movement perfectly. It's gorgeous.

Are you doing a specific course at college?

Sandie (sandie's Patch)

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Lottie, Your harvest looks wonderful.I had a big surprise today in the mail. Your lovely gifts arrived and I love them and will use them.You are so sweet to think of me.
I hope your package arrives soon. It must have taken the low road,LOL.
Have a great weekend trip!
Hugs,Pat