Sunday, 16 August 2009

Shabby Chic BIA book

Something completely different from me this time - which fits the challenge nicely on Simon Says to make anything but a card.

I ordered a lovely hand made shabby chic bag from the USA (its not here yet), which fired me with inspiration - so I thought I would have a rummage around and have a play.

This is total rubbish compared with the work of art I have ordered - but it got me thinking, and made a nice change - and importantly I spent a couple of fun afternoons creating it.

(Click photos to enlarge)


Scraps of old lace curtain for the base, then a scrap of lavender coloured satin, which I frayed like crazy. A scrap of grey lace on top of that. a small square of satin again, frayed.

Paper image from Crafty Individuals from their People and Places book. I distressed the edges TH style, overlaid with gauze.

A jumble of grey threads and white beads - all sewn together - yes I actually managed to thread a needle with a bit of help! Stamp post mark and Divine from K&Co.

Then I thought - hmm what am I going to do with this now! So I made something useful - a BIA book which I will use to replace my old address book. I stamped the covers with the background Lace stamp from CHF

Then attached a deep purple lace strip to act as a tie, then glued the little patchwork on top.


The back cover was decorated with strips of the materials I used for the front - just glued on - and the other piece of lace strip as a tie. Stamped a flourish to finish it off

I have put acetate pages over the front and back covers to protect it.

10 comments:

LazyKay said...

Lottie, that's beautiful and I'm sure just as good, if not better, than the thing you ordered.

I love the co-ordination of the colours and materials. No wonder you enjoyed doing it.

xxxxxxxxxx

Momiji said...

that is a lovely project..all very shabby chic and something useful at the end of it...

Paula said...

gorgeous,what a wonderful creation - love everything about it!

sam21ski said...

Oooh lovely Lottie xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, brilliant creation.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge
Luv
Debby

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh so neat and vintage! I love the lace!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous
x

Fryne said...

gorgeous cover!!!
thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Sally H said...

So pretty! I had to go and buy some lace after seeing this!

mommabear said...

just fabulous I love i love the lot