Sunday 24 May 2009

It's just black and white

I was visiting my favourite blogs last night and saw this very striking black and white card by Cath Wilson

Well I didn't get the same effect - but I will do so another day - but it did inspire me to make a card just using black and white.



Once again using a stamp from the Rummage Bin range of Cornish Heritage Farms I had a play and came up with this.


I used some black gems to give it some texture and 'lift' they catch the light and looked pretty I thought

8 comments:

June said...

This is superb. I love the black gems they set it off just right. A really striking card
XXX

Sally H said...

Very Classy! Another idea popular at the moment is to do black and white with a hint of one other colour. Pastel pink works well xxx

Carol Q said...

beautiful. striking is a good description.

Anonymous said...

very striking indeed!

lisa said...

This is so unusual Lottie. I love the effect you have got.

Lisax

LazyKay said...

Beautiful image and love those swirls.

xxxxxxx

Debbie said...

This is Gorgeous! I love black and white cards

Cath Wilson said...

One of my favourite stamps, Lottie and no, I don't have it - yet, lol. But I love the way you made this card! You're a real natural, so please stop worrying and just enjoy it... Fabulous!