Its raining again, so after the usual morning chores 'sigh' off I went out to the end of the garden.
I thought I would experiment making impressions of 'things' and see how they work out when 'caste' with polymer clay.
The above which I used polymer clay to make the impression - turned out quite well I thought.
I wanted them to look like 'found' objects rather than works of art
So they don't have to be perfect, and I have 'messed them up' a bit
It's great to experiment with supplies that are so inexpensive that it doesn't matter if they get messed up.
These two are just fragments of the impression I took of
A roman relic I made here
I made a few more then they all got baked for half a hour - and I sat looking out the window at the torrential rain!
Here are some of the baked examples
It was fun getting three different face projects from the one mould just by experimenting, and playing with a moulding tool.
These are for an 'Roman' theme project.
So that kept me busy for a few happy hours - it's great to just 'play' and experiment - you never know what you might come up with.
Next I will try to colour the faces etc - but need to wait until I get my 'new eye' !
Thanks for visiting