Saturday 1 January 2011

Altered Plywood Tissue Box

I had the blue metallic paint out to decorate the cheese box in the previous post - and yes, you know what's it's like - you want to paint everything in sight don't you!


So after a rummage in my stash, I retrieved a wooden tissue box which I had been saving for the day that I had some inspiration!

I painted it blue all over and it looked lovely, but plain.

Then I got out my stencils again and stencilled every flat surface!
Both ends
Both sides

And both sides of the top!

With a lovely pearlescent (childrens) tube of acrylic paint, which I brushed over the blue to give it a gorgeous sheen  when the light caught it!
Sadly it doesn't photograph well but you will have to take my word for it.

I didn't want to part with it really as it looked lovely in real life!
It has gone to a very good home though - to Haruko, my daughter in law, as one of her Christmas presents.

7 comments:

crafty creations said...

Wow what a transformation - beautiful colour and so perfectly painted x Hilda

themessycraftroom said...

Lovely and a beautiful present. Hugs x ChrisB

sam21ski said...

Great tissue box Lottie, I think you can see the pearlescent coming through and it looks fabulous, the stencilling just finishes it off nicely - wonderful job xxx

Anonymous said...

lovely gift!

Lorraine said...

excellent... hope you had a good christmas and let me wish you a happy new year

Createology said...

Oh Yes! Paint everything possible while the paint is out. This project looks lovely and what a wonderful gift. Happy Healthy Creative and Blessed New Year 2011.

Lisa Fulmer said...

cute!