Friday 19 November 2010

It's in the post - work in progress, and Mary Mary

The wall hanging is finished and in the post.

The next experiment

I spent some time over the last few nights just experimenting with layers.
Trust me this looks better in real life, the colours aren't so harsh, and it has a feel of the Tudor rich velvet costumes and wall hangings - muted, but rich
I thought you might like to see how the layers are built up.


It started off as a piece of cream material, which I painted with suede acrylic.
Cream was stencilled on next.
Then pearlescent white.
Metallic green.
Brayered white all over.
Stencilled gold.
I now have one more layer of acrylic white to brayer on then I'll build up the layers of material.


This is Mary - she somehow managed to get on the wrong blog.
She's a very very rare little Lemon Millefleur Sablepoot.

She decided to sit right outside the conservatory window on a wall - to dry off her dirty 'boots'.
I think that she is as pretty as a picture - so I'll let her stay here!

I spent a lovely couple of hours at a flower arranging workshop this afternoon. 
It was too dark to take a decent photo of the finished work - so I'll post that on here tomorrow.




7 comments:

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Lottie love your hanging and Mary , she is very pretty. Your work looks very interesting. Hugs x ChrisB

Lorraine said...

oh look at Mary..I really love looking at your photos of chickens. As far as digi goes I used to be really in awe of those who could do digi until I discovered serif digital scrapbook artist 2 it is quite simply superb and really easy to use and it comes with a £10 voucher to spend at daisy trail which have free kits all the time..recommend it as Pat off UK stampers recommended it to me!

Pearl said...

The wall hanging turned out great and I love the layering. Mary is the most beautiful bird I have ever seen! Have wonderus wkend.

sam21ski said...

Fab wall hanging, love the piece of twig.

Mary looks stunning too, all those lovely colours xxxx

LazyKay said...

Lovely work and what a pretty chick!

xxxxxxxxxx

Netty said...

Fabulous work. Annette x

Sarn said...

Oh she is just gorgeous!

Hugs, Sandra