Friday 6 August 2010

"Green, cream, grungey not bright'

I had fun making this one - it took me four hours - I seem to be taking ages doing each banner, but it's more my inexperience on a sewing machine and just trying things out.
I used a lovely piece of vintage velvet for this one.
The little girl's dreadlocks I machined on top of a few of the inked ones.

It may have taken a long time but I did actually enjoy the process, the inking, staining, sewing, collaging, and writing one of the quotes from a Tim Holtz stamp on a pure cream piece of new cotton.

And grunging it all up.
The bottom 'circle' is a grunged piece of paper on which I have written a grungey Love

This looks so much better in real life too.  The velvet is all the same green in colour and feels just lovely to touch.

I have got quite attached to this and really hope the recipient is happy with it when she has received it.


11 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Fab work, Lottie - my, you are adventurous these days! I really MUST get using my sewing machine again!!!! Love the colours - really rich.

Maggi said...

I am really enjoying seeing the banners that you have been making and also your journal pages. I have been following, just not had much time to comment.

Createology said...

This is quite amazing and I love the T!m Holtz quote you have included. I cannot imagine the receipient not loving this...I would! Happy creating...

sam21ski said...

This is stunning Lottie, my favourite yet xxxx

Jacqui Chimes said...

This is a lovely piece Lottie and thank you for commenting on my blog - the pages were done from Kelly Kilmers templates. My pages fro Dyans class are still 'in progress'! We live about 3-31/2 hours away but it is worth the journey.

Lorraine said...

wow this is excellent

Lynn Stevens said...

oh Lottie,This is fabulous! What a great idea, dreadlocks so creative! Love the green velvet too!

Thank you for all your sweet words on my blog and I wish you the best of luck in my giveaway!
hugs Lynn

LazyKay said...

This is excellent, esp the hair!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sandies' Patch said...

I like the banners and the quote on this one.
Who wrote it originally? Can I put it in my journal you gave me when I moved home? (Always worry about copyrights!).

Sandie xx

Minxy said...

this is awesome, and i love that saying

Anonymous said...

The attention to detail you put into your work is amazing, and the loving care you treat your pieces with just shines through. I just love seeing these banner sections and your fantastic journal.