Wednesday 1 July 2009

Cornish Heritage Farm - Boys will be Boys



I am trying to be more versatile with my stamps - rather than just stamping the image and not thinking laterally.

I am determined to master making cards too!

The little boy stamp is part of 'Boys will be boys' from the Cornish Heritage Farm

I stamped out the collage stamp onto white card, then cut out the section I wanted.

I coloured him using pastel chalks and just kept adding more until I got the depth I wanted.

I chose a backing paper which toned in with his red top and blue trousers and stamped over it with a chalk green colour to soften the lines and pattern.

In hindsight the 'One penny for your thoughts' is stamped too low - I tried it higher but it didn't look right, and embossing it with black embossing powder makes the wording look too prominent.

But - it's all a learning curve for me - and I am happy that I made it.

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Lottie this is fab, if this is you only learning can't wait til you've mastered it!!!!

June said...

This is gorgeous my friend. I love the stamp and the background this is a really lovely piece. Hope all is good with you
Hugs June xxx

Anonymous said...

I really, really like this one lottie - hope your entering this one into the CHF weekely challenge thingy.

Angelnorth said...

I love the way you used a cut out for this one Lottie - the little boy looks great on a patterned background. You may not think it comes naturally but let me tell you that many, many seasoned cardmakers would never think of overstamping their patterned paper to integrate the design better as you have done here - well done you!