Thursday 23 July 2009

CHF Challenge

Last night I decided to make a start on next weeks Cornish Heritage Farm Summer Challenge .
I have used their Lace background stamp to stamp onto a 12"x12" sheet of card, and now 'all' I have to do is to use it up making different things.


My first project was to cover a book box. I painted it black, covered the front and back with the lace stamped paper, and stamped wide cream ribbon for the spine.

It is now a jewellery box

I 'antiqued' it with coloured pewter metal leaf - from the same range you buy the gold leaf paper from - it looks lovely in the sunshine as it catches all the colours of the rainbow.

The Angel is a rub on, so too the saying. "Stay is a charming word in a friends vocabulary". The little butterfly I stamped on.

7 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

This is beautiful, love the background.

Momiji said...

love the lacy effect. and that edging with metal leaf suits it so well.great work.

Anonymous said...

very pretty...those cherub rub ons can be a pain to use but they do look gorgeous on your lace background!

June said...

Ohhhhh how beautiful Cassie
Hugs June xxxx

sam21ski said...

Lovely xxxx

Angelnorth said...

I love your metal leaf edging with this one Lottie, makes for a really vintage feel along with the lace and the angel - beautiful job!

Susan said...

Lottie, great work on the OSW! I adore your vintage take on the challenge. Good luck.