Monday, 1 June 2009
Another play with colouring an image
Using a stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms I experimented again. Decided to go bold.
The green backing paper I coloured myself a few days ago, with distress inks, and flicked water upon it to make a nice effect - not that you can see much of it! I took inspiration for the colour and texture from this chair - it's gone mossy green over the winter months and I love the colour.
This is an A6 card. I don't know who the papers are made by, I bought them from a friend - it is the same sheet using the patterns from both sides. I painted the image with distress, and Adirondack inks, picking up the colours in the papers - hence the orange background on the stamped image - it matches exactly the orange stripes.
The card, die cuts, I outlined in gold Krylon pen, and on the scalloped 'mat' picked out the pattern in gold - which lifts it - and I like the effect - but it's not really noticeable in the photos. The butterfly was created using a Nestabilities die cut from the same card and outlined in Krylon gold.
For extra texture I used flower arrangers open weave tape on the card too - and stamped the sentiment.
Practice will make perfect - eventually. This card 'only' took three hours! It's an hour quicker than the last one!
I thought I would enter it for Monday's Mixed Media Challenge - Layers - my first entry.