Monday 11 May 2009

Another go at making some cards

I had another go at making some cards this afternoon. I am on a steep learning curve and really want to 'crack' it.

Here is my first effort - another male card - because I need some.

An A6 sized white textured card, which I stamped all over with a little lined stamp.



This is a bit 'dramatic' being just white and black, but I quite like it's simplicity.

I aimed at getting a layered look for my next attempt. Again starting with a white textured A6 card which I covered with basic grey cardstock, then alternated the colours and textures.



The final layer on to which I stamped the T.H.vintage car - is a dull pewter metallic paper. It looks really lovely in 'real life' as it suits the stamp and really works well with the vintage car image. I was quite pleased with the smudging of ink which I did underneath the car to create it's shadow - it 'anchors' it to the paper/ground, rather than just stamping - as I did with the first one - where it appears just as an image.




This last one was an experiment really. My new Tim Holtz plate had arrived and I wanted to have a quick 'go' with it.

Using the remainder of the grey card on a textured card blank, I stamped the foliage and the birds, inked around the edges of the grey paper with silver - which does not show up in the photo - but softens and defines the shape, and added some gem swirls. (Thank JSC - I am still using them)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...you never said you made that many cards - you dark horse!
Wonderful cards...I adore the last card - sinple but dramatic!

Momiji said...

great male cards..and I love the swirls one especially in grey and black..

Flippinpest said...

These are fantstic cards Lottie. It is always nice to try something different and I think that you have cracked it ;-)

Moira said...

Been playing with your Wizard I see! Great cards, you are so right the first is very dramatic in black and white, the shadow on the second car really does ground it and the last one is really delightful.

ju said...

Love them all but the last one is even better!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love how you are experimenting with different ways and approaches. My fave has to be the last one :0) although I bet in real life the second one has lots of depth.
Hope you are well xx

sam21ski said...

WOW, these are fab, love the black and white car