Monday 30 March 2009

Paris Bind it All Notebook.

I haven't been able to do much as I have 'man flu' - but between coughing fits I spent a couple of hours in my studio late afternoon.

My chickens were having a snooze on one of the raised beds and wondered what I was doing out.

When they saw that I didn't gave any goodies in my hand for them to eat - they just ignored me.

So this is what I got up to, until they stood outside my door at 4pm heckling me for their supper, and I had to stop.


It looks a deeper colour in daylight and more lime green.

I used coloured lime green card, and glued it onto mountboard. Added a rub on, then, so that it did not look totally flat, I distressed it (or added interest) by swishing over a blue ink pad - the same colour blue as in the image, and inked a border and the sides to colour the cut edges.

With a white pen I made some random 'scratching' lines to give more depth and enhance the textured card, and did the same around the image.


The back cover got the same treatment, and I also stamped a Morning Glory and embossed it.

I used 5/8th inch O wires and some black organza ribbon. I did add some home made beads but it looked a bit OTT so have left it simple.

It is another chunky book - bigger than the others and the paper for the pages is the remainder of that which I cut out last time I was in the studio - so it only took me an hour and a half.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a super notebook cover - like the colour combo and the composition...and the black ribbons add that bit extra something to it.

LazyKay said...

The girls look to be quite content.

LOVE this book design.

xxxxxxxx

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Wonderful notebook! Great design and the colors are lovely.

Claireabelle said...

Great notebook. Nice to see your girls enjoying a bit of spring sun
x