Wednesday, 9 January 2008
Altered Art CD
This I made using a transparent CD spacer disk.
Alchohol inked one side with plum, ivy and silver. Then on a white card I stamped a sheet of writing, and glued that on top of the inked side - with the wording face down, trimming it when dry. So this gave me a plain white back.
Turned it over and collaged a Victorian lady in furs and a hand muff- which I had enhanced with inks,and water colours and glued that on to conceal the disk hole.
I then cut out some ivy leaves from some old silk leaves I had for ages for flower arranging, and glued them on.
To finish it off I added a purple ribbon and a silver bead to the reverse - which I attached with double sided tape and added a strip of paper to hide the ribbon.
It took me around 2 and a half hours to make - but I was pleased with the result.
In the daylight it looks lovely and shimmery and more subtle - and just the thing for this cold wintry weather.