Wednesday 9 July 2008

Circus

There is a new site called One Powerful Hour which challenges you to make a piece of art in an hour.

The title of this weeks challenge is Circus - and here is my entry




Zuzu and Ginger from Zuzu's forum I belong to - paid me an afternoon visit last week and showed my how to do textured work. (I haven't quite finished the Mermaid I did on that day - just need to get some beads to finish it off)

In the meantime I was raring to go to made the above circus arch.

I used a vintage circus poster from a CD collection of images I had, then with a pallet knife I spread on No Nails (an alternative to Texture Paste until I can get to the city to buy the real stuff)

I used alcohol inks and on top of the blender for the colouring and heat dried it until it bubbled. I then added lot so bright colours and glitter and sequins to get the feel of the circus.

I coloured the white clown and the lady acrobat with watercolour pencils, added clear embossing powder to highlight for example her legs and shoes (it looks white in the photo but isn't in natural light) more sequins, gold embossing, red liquid pearls to make the clown juggling balls, - and everything else I can think of!

It is hard to see in the photo - but with the naked eye it really glitters and shines which ever way you look at it.

Thank you my 'Mentors' giving me a wonderful afternoon - and kick starting me to try new techniques

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a star!

Beautiful piece - your mentors will be proud of you.

xxxxxxx

Mandy Chilvers said...

i love this lottie... would love to trade with you :-)

Ginger said...

Lovely Lottie, it looks so colourful and vibrant.

Unknown said...

OH wow...she is absolutely fabulous! Takes my breath away and I love the warm colors...

Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge...I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments - that's a real boost to my confidence - will keep practicing

Linda B said...

yay Lottie!!!! have fun, you are doing great

Mike.LMP said...

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm M

scrumpteous

XXX

Momiji said...

wow ..you have made some lovely stuff...must have a go at this texture stuff sometime...