Sunday 6 January 2008

Tag - January - Children




It was a cold and very frosty day today - which reflects in my tag theme.

I scrunched up a tag so that it was all creased then flattened it out, then tore it.

Using water based inks I made it look vintage.

Stamped Victorian wording in blue for the background and embossed with distressed blue powder which gives it a matt distressed look.

This is a really touchy feeling tage as it is all textured with embossing. The image was another I printed off from my collection and coloured and added snow details with embossed matt white.

The ribbons, wool, and chiffon threaded through the top picks out the different shades used on the tag.

7 comments:

Momiji said...

I love the way you have captured the wintery feel here..and the snow effects. one of my favourites...

Unknown said...

Thank you - it took me over two hours to make!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work.

xxxxxxxxxx

anne said...

Gorgeous. I love this tag!

Mandy Chilvers said...

absolutely gorgeou i love it

Unknown said...

Gosh thanks - its nice to positive comments from other artists. I might have a go at another in a different colour theme

Zuzu's Blog said...

oo nicely distressed and I ove the torn edges.. well done again Lottie ..