Saturday, 26 May 2007

A Greek Style Artifact

This took me a very very long time to do - but I loved experimenting with it.

Oops I photographed this a bit wonky! It is the right size and shape really.



Firstly I aged some backing paper with chalks and kept coloring it until I got the shade I liked.

I stamped the face onto another sheet of paper, and using inks, coloured it in different shades of green.

Next I did the edging - using Tim Holtz distress embossing powders in different colours, and finally I did several layers of embossing on the face leaving some spaces to highlight. On the backing sheet and on the face I did a light gold rub to give the overall effect of a slab of an aged gold artifact. I finished it off with a gold eyelet and embroidery cotton in different soft shades.

I love textures and this one feels really nice to the touch - and looks better in daylight.

6 comments:

momiji said...

wow lottie... this is gorgeous..love all the effects..a real success!

momiji said...

beka has just spotted your atc and thinks its great too!! ....in her own words ....."she's really good at them, isn't she"!!!!

RUTH said...

Hasn't this worked well! Really lovely.

Allotment Lady said...

Thank you all very much for your kind comments - it is fun and theraputic messing about with little bits of card!

Gillian Hamilton said...

Oh Lottie... it's just one stunning piece after another...
I love the way you make ART!!!

Allotment Lady said...

Thank you - it is nice to just 'play' without any pressures of making something to a time scale